Tremendous and Dynamic Sport
Judo is a tremendous and dynamic Olympic sport that demands both physical prowess and great mental discipline. From a standing position, it involves techniques that allow you to lift and throw your opponent. On the ground, it includes techniques that allow you to pin your opponents down to the ground and control them.
Read more here
Annual membership fee:
That is $120 and should be paid to NSW Judo Federation. This is for insurance etc.
- Go to www.judonsw.com.au
- Click on the ‘JOIN’ icon (located on top right side of webpage)
- Click on ‘SELECT CLUB’ and scroll down to select ‘IHIC YOUTH JUDO CLUB’ and then select ‘NEXT’
- Click on ‘JUNIOR MEMBERSHIP’ or ‘SENIOR MEMBERSHIP’.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and press ‘NEXT’
- Read the ‘MEMBERSHIP ACKNOWLEDGEMENT’ and click ‘ACCEPT’ then press ‘NEXT’
- Fill in the information fields and scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘NEXT’
- Click ‘SUBMIT APPLICATION AND PAY ONLINE’. We accept Visa and Master Card Debit/Credit Card Payment.
IHIC members(those who frequent IHIC or are enrolled in the school)
Paid in Advance for 13 weeks = $300 ($65 discount per child if 2 or more siblings registering at the same time)
Paid weekly = $25 to be paid on the first session on that week ($5 discount per child if 2 or more siblings registering at the same time)
NON IHIC members
Paid in Advance for 13 weeks = $400 ($65 discount per child if 2 or more siblings registering at the same time)
Paid weekly = $35 ($5 discount per child if 2 or more siblings registering at the same time)
Adhoc Session charge
$20 per 1 hour session
Judo uniform is available for $50.
Dr. Hassan Doosti
Hassan had a keen interest in Judo since he was a high school student in 1987 in his homeland Iran. After five years efforts, he started training Judo on an occasional basis. Hassan is also an academic who completed his PHD in statistics in 2005 and now is a Lecturer at Macquarie University. Hassan restarted his Judo training under supervision of Mr. Hossein Mahmoodi ( Dan 6) and Mr. Reza Madani ( Dan 8). Hassan also had the privilege of training Judo in "De Judo Shidokan" Club under the supervision of Mr. Nakamura ( Dan9). Since 2005, he continued his regular Judo training and achieved second Dan in Judo in 2015. He has also been awarded with 1st Dan in self-defense and a certificate for coaching self-defense from the Iranian Judo Federation. Recently, He successfully got an international Judo instructor certificate in Canberra 2017.