Quran Competition 2016
The Imam Husain Islamic School is, for the fifth year running, organising a Qur’an-Memorisation competition for all its students. The objective of this competition is to improve the overall recitation standards of the school whilst at the same time increasing the acquaintance with the Holy Qur’an. Participation is compulsory for all students and we highly recommend you to encourage your children to do so. We hope that with your support we will be able to make this an even more successful event this year. The outline of the competition is as follows.
- Each student must select a level from the table below, equal to or higher than the level he currently is in his Qur’an class (All Suras are in the memorisation booklet given to students at the beginning of the year).
- It will be assumed that those students who select the higher levels will already know the Suras in the previous level (s).
- In the case of a tie between two students, the Suras in lower levels will be tested.
- The competition will take place in 2 rounds: a preliminary and a final.
- The top 3 students from each level will then compete in the final round.
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5||Level 6|
|Sura Fateha||Sura Masad||Sura Kaafiroon||Sura Takathur||Sura Dhuha||Select Verses (17:24)|
|Sura Ikhlaas||Sura Nasr||Sura Quraish||Sura Qaariyah||Sura Inshirah||Sura Jumuah|
|Sura Falaq||Sura Maun||Sura Feel||Sura Bayyinnah||Select Verses (2:201)||Sura Taariq|
|Sura Naas||Sura Qadr||Sura Humazah||Sura Aadiyat||Select Verses (33:33)||Sura A’ala|
|Sura Kawthar||Sura Asr||Ayatul Kursi (2:255)||Sura Teen||Select Verses (21:87)||Ayatul Kursi (2:255)|
|Ayatul Kursi (2:255)||Ayatul Kursi (2:255)||Ayatul Kursi (2:255)|
The winner from each level will have:
- recited from memory the most number of Surahs, and
- recited the Surahs with the best pronunciation of the Arabic letters and recited the Chapters with a loud, clear and pleasant voice whilst applying all the Tajweed rules learnt at his/her level.
- The preliminary round will be on Saturday 10th December 2016 in Quran classes (Inshallah), and
- The final round will be on Saturday 17th December 2016 at Imam Husain Centre, Boys’ and Girls’ competitions will take place simultaneously, but separately.
The winner from each level will be awarded a trophy and handsome prizes (the higher the level, the more valuable the gift), and all participants will be awarded a participation certificate.
Should you require any further information including a detailed Judging rubric, please contact Brother Mohsen on 0405 963 360